The Center for Undergraduate Research and Creative Activities also offers services for faculty on campus who are interested in mentoring undergraduate students in research or creative activities. We seek to make the process of mentoring as seamless and manageable as possible by offering resources that provide tips, up-to-date information, and support for faculty. Please use the links below to help you become a more effective faculty mentor:
- Submit a Research Opportunity: Fill out our online form to post a research opportunity which can be viewed by interested undergraduate students. Students are then advised to contact you directly regarding their interest in the position.
- How To’s: Find information on various practical topics related to negotiating the student-mentor relationship at UB including granting students independent study credit and paying students with work study funds.
- Mentoring Resources: Explore mentoring resources that provide information and tips on how to incorporate undergraduate students into research projects and how to create successful mentoring relationships with undergraduate students.
- Helping Students Present and Fund Research: Find information about CURCA’s $500.00 Undergraduate Research Awards and the Annual Celebration of Academic Excellence, as well as other funding and presentation opportunities available to undergraduate students.
- Council on Undergraduate Research (CUR): Learn about CUR and how UB's CUR membership can benefit you and your students.