Council on Undergraduate Research
About the Council on Undergraduate Research (from the CUR website)
The Council on Undergraduate Research (CUR) and its affiliated colleges, universities, and individuals share a focus on providing undergraduate research opportunities for faculty and students at all institutions serving undergraduate students. CUR believes that faculty members enhance their teaching and contribution to society by remaining active in research and by involving undergraduates in research. CUR’s leadership works with agencies and foundations to enhance research opportunities for faculty and students. CUR provides support for faculty development and also presents information on the importance of undergraduate research to state legislatures, private foundations, government agencies, and the U.S. Congress. CUR welcomes faculty and administrators from all academic institutions.
UB is an Enhanced member of CUR. This institutional membership allows all faculty, staff, and students to sign up for free individual memberships. The benefits of being an individual member include:
- An electronic subscription to the Scholarship and Practice of Undergraduate Research, which discusses issues about student-faculty collaborative research and scholarship for all disciplines.
- Major discounts to attend CUR’s National Conference and CUR Dialogues, both of which include workshops and opportunities to network with peers and representatives of funding agencies.
- Free access to CUR hosted webinars.
- Access to information on funding opportunities, jobs and other resources on the members’ only portion of CUR’s website, in the bi-monthly CUR E-newsletter and in the CUR Community.
- Eligibility to receive mentoring or pre-submission proposal reviews from colleagues in your discipline
- The opportunity to develop and be recognized for leadership skills within the academic community by serving on CUR committees and on the General Council or participating in departmental consulting, speaking and other leadership activities.
Become an Individual Member of CUR
To take advantage of this great opportunity to become an individual member of CUR:
- Go to CUR’s homepage
- Click on "Join" at the top of the page.
- Click on “Create an account" on the sign in window.
- Fill out the identifying information. Type "University at Buffalo" in the section that asks for your organization name. Confirm by pressing OK.
- Complete the form. You will not be charged for your membership.
- Email the CUR Membership team at firstname.lastname@example.org to request to be added onto the SUNY – University at Buffalo enhanced membership.