Funding Your Research
$500.00 Undergraduate Research Awards
UB’s Center for Undergraduate Research & Creative Activities, through the support of the Office of the Vice Provost for Undergraduate Education, is pleased to offer UB Undergraduate students the opportunity to apply for Undergraduate Research Awards. Application procedures and instructions are attached below. Awards are for University at Buffalo undergraduate students who exhibit a need for funding to perform meaningful research and or creative activities during their undergraduate enrollment at UB.
Award applications will be reviewed by a team of UB faculty and staff that will give consideration to applications that show a true need for award support to pay for supplies, attend conferences or other intrinsic needs that must be met to complete a research or creative work. All paperwork and forms attached below must be submitted as part of the completed application packet.
- Only complete application packets will be accepted.
- Note Well: For consideration of an award application, the project described MUST be advertised under Research Opportunities on the CURCA website. Research Mentors are to submit research opportunity postings online.
- Students often have questions about their application. While it is not required, we are happy to meet with you to discuss your application and answer any questions you may have. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will work together to arrange a convenient time to discuss your application.
- Projects that involve human subjects, either for medical/human testing and/or for completing surveys or questionnaires that are person specific or seeking personal information or opinion, may require Institutional Review Board (IRB )approval. Please discuss the potential need for IRB approval with your research/project mentor. A project leader may have prior IRB approval and simply need to add you to the project with proper CITI training, or you may need to work with your mentor to apply for IRB approval. Details on the IRB process and CITI Research Ethics Training can be found here:
Application Deadlines for 2013/2014
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis throughout the semester. Applications are due by 3:00 p.m. on the dates listed below. Once your review is complete you will be notified by email of the outcome.
- Wednesday, October 2, 2013
- Wednesday, November 6, 2013
Winter Application Deadline
- Wednesday, December 4, 2013
- Wednesday, February 5, 2014
- Wednesday, March 5, 2014
Summer Application Deadline
- Wednesday, April 16, 2014
Please submit your completed application packet to:
- CURCA - Undergraduate Research Awards
- 111 Capen Hall (Inside Silverman Library)
- University at Buffalo - North Campus
- **If no one is available in CURCA to accept your application, please drop it off in the Honors College in 106 Capen Hall (inside Silverman Library)**